Code of Conduct for Debt Collectors
- The debt collector is aware of the nature and details of each legal transaction before commencing their service.
- The debt collector is obliged to verify the debtor’s financial status, position on the market and connections with other companies before commencing the debt collection.
- The debt collector only adopts peaceful and legal courses of action.
- The debt collector respects the debtor’s integrity at all times.
- Each debt collector is expected to have excellent arbitration, mediation, and negotiation skills.
- The debt collector promptly advises their client of every step in the course of the debt collection process and takes no decision without prior consent of the client.
- The debt collector understands that the business information pertaining to the debt collection process is strictly confidential.